The City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. In line with the City’s corporate employment equity and diversity strategy, equity policy, plan and targets, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups.
TRANSPORT ● INFRASTRUCTURE IMPLEMENTATION
PRINCIPAL PROFESSIONAL OFFICER: TRANSPORT ENGINEERING DESIGN
TCOE SALARY COMMENCING FROM R1 026 140 PER ANNUM • REF NO: TRA 58/21
- B degree in Civil Engineering
- Registration with the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA)
- Eight (8) years’ experience, of which five (5) years should be in a specialist field of civil engineering
- Experience in geometric design, traffic modelling and project management will be an advantage
- A good understanding of the capabilities and limitation of various traffic, transportation, design and analysis software packages.
Key performance areas:
- Planning and designing the various elements of the City’s integrated transport network
- Identifying and providing technical input and advice on the planning, design and project prioritisation of various transport infrastructure projects
- Leading, guiding and directing specialist teams appointed to respective design projects, identified to be implemented for various transport infrastructure projects such as IRT Infrastructure, geometric upgrades to all classes of roads, grade separations, public transport interchanges, non-motorised and/or universal access infrastructure, etc.
- Programming and monitoring the implementation of various transport infrastructure projects
- Developing and maintaining norms, guidelines and standards for the provision of various transport infrastructure project development
- Implementing processes, systems or tools to ensure adherence to corporate standards, policies, guides etc.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 19 November 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at www.capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.