The City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
ENERGY ● ELECTRICITY GENERATION AND DISTRIBUTION
BASIC SALARY: R477 652 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: NRG 39/22
- National Diploma (Light Current) or in Telecommunication
- At least five *(5) to eight (8) years’ relevant post-qualification experience
- Computer literacy in MS Suite and Enterprise Resource Planning applications
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act, Electricity By-Law, NRS, SANS and ICASA requirements
- Design and maintenance of fibre optic and multiplexer networks
- Design and maintenance of PAX and cable networks
- In-depth knowledge of telecommunication network techniques
- Valid Code B or EB driver’s licence
- Must be physically fit and be able to work at heights.
Key performance areas:
- Identify and conform with relevant Independent Communication Authority of South Africa (ICASA) statutory requirements, NRS, SANS and proven industry standards including ensuring that accurate records of test results are kept on a communication network database program (GIS) as well as ICASA licencing
- Manage complex refurbishment projects for the upgrading and replacement of optic, copper, multiplexer and electricity telecommunication systems such as drafting detailed optic, copper and multiplexer tender specifications and managing all financial aspects of capital projects including progress payments, sureties, variation orders, penalties, retention funds and approval of final payment certificates to contractors
- Assist the Senior Professional Officer with implementing procedures and control to regulate activities within the function area such as Inspecting and auditing communication installations, workshop rooms and workplaces and make correction action of observed malpractices and ensure compliance with ICASA licensing and regulatory requirements
- Assist the Senior Professional Officer in the monitoring outcomes of the section which includes Analysing and evaluating the telephone operation, ensuring sound construction, wiring, testing, commissioning of PAX telephone installations and ensure that maintenance of copper cables and terminal equipment is performed.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 17 June 2022
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.