City of Cape Town
CITY OF CAPE TOWN JOB OPPORTUNITIES
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. In line with the City’s corporate employment equity and diversity strategy, equity policy, plan and targets, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups.
WATER AND WASTE • WATER AND SANITATION • WATER DEMAND MANAGEMENT AND STRATEGY • WATER INSPECTORATE
PRINCIPAL WATER INSPECTOR
BASIC SALARY: R461 499 PER ANNUM • REF NO: WS 175/21 • BELLVILLE
- National Diploma in the Built Environment or related and relevant Trade Test
- Five (5) to six (6) years’ relevant experience with supervisory skills
- Computer literacy in MS Office Suite, SAP
- Incumbent should be physically fit and able-bodied
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Valid Code B driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Managing all aspect of Water Officers division at regional level
- Preventing contamination and ensuring conversation of the City’s potable water supply
- Responsible for administration, record-keeping and processing
- Ensuring the smooth flow of the various work processes and information required to allow the optimal functioning of the Water Officers Division
- Responsible for supervising staff and personnel development
- Ensuring and maintaining optimal performance levels, enabling the division to achieve its objectives and goals
- Ensuring communication in order to promote and exchange of information
- Ensuring proper application of the provisions of the by-law and related policies
- Facilitating the resolution of problems regarding consumer complaints.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 12 November 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at www.capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.