City of Cape Town
CITY OF CAPE TOWN JOB OPPORTUNITIES
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. In line with the City’s corporate employment equity and diversity strategy, equity policy, plan and targets, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups.
WATER AND WASTE • WATER AND SANITATION • WATER DEMAND MANAGEMENT AND STRATEGY • WATER INSPECTORATE
BASIC SALARY: R369 348 PER ANNUM • REF NO: WS 174/21 • MOWBRAY
- National Technical Certificate 2 and relevant Trade Test
- Three (3) to four (4) years’ relevant experience
- Computer literacy in MS Office Suite, SAP
- Incumbent should be physically fit and able-bodied
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Valid Code B driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Responsible for conservation and preservation of water quality through the implementation of water by-laws and related policies
- Ensuring efficient service delivery and client satisfaction and enhance optimal revenue collection
- Monitoring and enforcing Water By-Laws and its related policies and procedures
- Responsible for project management by implementing special projects regarding water saving initiatives
- Providing technical support to internal stakeholders, plumbers and contractors
- Maintaining a standard of quality in the water services and plumbing installations
- Ensuring customer interface in providing a technical interface between Water Services, its customers and other internal stakeholders
- Ensuring sound administrative tasks are performed
- Ensuring all related activities associated with the updating and maintaining of records and information specific to the district are executed.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 12 November 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at www.capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.