The City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
SPATIAL PLANNING AND ENVIRONMENT ● ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
PROFESSIONAL OFFICER: COASTAL ENGINEERING
BASIC SALARY: R417 967 TO R498 439 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: SPE 25/21
- A recognised relevant degree in Engineering
- A recognised degree in Civil Engineering will be highly advantageous
- A minimum of two (2) years’ relevant experience
- Experience in civil and coastal engineering or related coastal/marine construction will be highly advantageous
- Project management experience in minor works is also preferable
- A valid Code EB driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Assisting the Head: Coastal Engineering and Optimisation with maintenance planning of all key coastal infrastructure
- Undertaking conditional assessments of key coastal infrastructure
- Preparing coastal repair/maintenance term tenders/ contracts and management thereof
- Engineering design and specification of minor works such as coastal access ramps, boardwalks and stairways
- Monitoring of contractors and construction for all coastal maintenance/repair projects
- Assisting the Head: Coastal Engineering and Optimisation with coastal hazard analysis and modelling and specifically undertake coastal hazard analyses, hydrodynamic modelling, flood plain mapping and coastal process analyses
- Investigating and monitoring coastal erosion and map wave action and storm surge reach/flood lines.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 23 July 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.