The City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
ENERGY AND CLIMATE CHANGE – ELECTRICITY GENERATION AND CLIMATE CHANGE
PROFESSIONAL OFFICER: ELECTRIFICATION
BASIC SALARY: R417 967 PER ANNUM – REF NO: NRG 36/21
- A relevant BTech or first degree in the built environment
- Minimum of five (5) years’ proven experience in project management and public coordination/service delivery in the built environment
- Computer literacy in MS Office applications, SAP (will be advantageous)
- Valid Code EB driver’s licence
Key performance areas:
- Supporting Human Settlements in identifying informal and formal settlements which require electrification by communicating with councillors, community
- Monitoring project progress in SAP and in the field from inception to close-out
- Administering (update, amend and verify) budgets
- Coordinating policies, procedures and practices associated with the feasibility investigations of electrification
- Liaising with various stakeholders at different levels such as Eskom, the public community, private developers, and political entities in order to fulfil statutory obligations and performance objectives
- Providing project supervision and support including performing various project tasks which can include assisting with project marketing and awareness duties and presentations in sub-councils, public meetings/forums, and gatherings
- Attending to community/public related issues and conflicts for resolutions, during the project phases.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 30 July 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.