City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WATER AND WASTE ● WATER AND SANITATION ● ENGINEERING ASSET AND MANAGEMENT ● SCIENTIFIC SERVICES ● LABORATORY INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
PROFESSIONAL OFFICER: LABORATORY INFORMATION MANAGEMENT (SCIENTIFIC SERVICES)
BASIC SALARY: R417 967 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: WS 53/21 ● ATHLONE
- Four-year Natural Science tertiary qualification in Chemistry/Microbiology or equivalent
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ proven Information Management experienced coupled with extensive laboratory experience, preferably gained in the Water Sector
- Additional IST qualification would be advantageous
- Valid Code EB driver’s licence
Key performance areas:
- Assisting with the administration, implementation, maintenance and upgrading of the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) in line with user and client requirements
- Establishing, implementing and maintaining data management procedures in line with the concept of a paperless laboratory system
- Assisting with Information system/ functional systems programming and development related to Scientific Services
- Developing and implementing standard data interface requirements for Scientific Services information system
- Conceptualising, developing and reporting on scientific laboratory information management programmes, workflows and procedures
- Supervising the interface of the Sample Receiving Area (SRA) of Scientific Services to the Laboratory Information Management System.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
Closing date: 14 May 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.