Nelson Mandela University
Post Code: 4292
Department: Information Technology
Campus: Port Elizabeth
South Africa, Eastern Cape, Port Elizabeth
Core Job Purpose: To facilitate and administer the learning processes for students in modules presented by the Nelson Mandela University at Undergraduate level and Postgraduate level, to do Research, contribute to community engagement and to be involved in the core functions of the University.
Key Performance Areas:
- Facilitate teaching and learning at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Contribute to the creation of knowledge by virtue of postgraduate studies, publications and supervision.
- Perform academic administration.
- Participate in projects targeted at community service and engagement.
- Sound knowledge is the theory and application of developments in Software Development on different platforms (mobile, web, open source, NET environment, Artificial Intelligence and/or game programming, Security, User Interfaces/experience.
- Ability to facilitate learning at undergraduate and postgraduate level in software development and information systems.
- Ability to actively engage in and supervise post graduate research.
- Ability to synthesize information to design learning experiences.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of audiences through various media.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Doctorate degree in Information Technology /Computing Sciences.
- Proven credible research record including publications in accredited journals and conference proceedings.
- Experience in Software Development I the NET environment.
- At least 3 years relevant experience as associate professor.
Enquiries: Ms Fa-eeza Grimsel; tel. 041 504 3555 or via e-mail: email@example.com
Closing date for all applications: 28 July 2019
Nelson Mandela University reserves the right not to make an appointment. In considering candidates for appointment into the advertised posts, preference will be accorded to persons from a designated group in accordance with the approved University’s Employment Equity Plan.