City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
SAFETY AND SECURITY • EVENTS
PROJECT CO-ORDINATOR: FILM AND EVENTS PERMITTING
BASIC SALARY: R461 499 PER ANNUM • REF NO: SS 22/21 • CAPE TOWN CIVIC CENTRE
- Relevant BTech or First degree
- Minimum of five (5) years’ project management experience within an events environment
- Valid Code B driver’s licence
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of the film and events industry
- Willingness to work outside of normal working hours
- Willingness to travel to various locations for work purposes
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines within specified timeframes.
Key performance areas:
- Co-ordinating, supporting and monitoring event-related activities on public and private property and effectively managing event approval processes and legislative requirements
- Ensuring the delivery of high-quality services to the events industry, communities and government institutions in line with the City’s Events Policy and Events By-Law and strategic objectives
- Collating and disseminating event-related information to Council, the event industry, the general public and stakeholders
- Monitoring adherence to legislation, policies and by-laws
- Communicating professional knowledge to events and film industry internal and external clients
- Managing all aspects pertaining to event permitting projects throughout the City
- Coordinating, leading and directing event project staff, line departments and other project personnel in support of event permitting projects
- Ensuring compliance with City policies, processes and procedures and mitigating the City’s exposure to litigation, financial and reputational risk.
Please apply online at http://www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
Closing date: 18 June 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.