The City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
HUMAN SETTLEMENTS ● INFORMAL SETTLEMENTS
REGIONAL COORDINATOR: REGION WEST
TCOE SALARY COMMENCING FROM R870 029 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: HSM 19/22 ● OTTERY OFFICE
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Minimum eight (8) years’ relevant experience
- Computer literacy
- Code B driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Manage; coordinate and implement an operational strategy for all informal settlements within the Region
- Manage and coordinate reports of illegal activities within a specific informal settlement area/ region in ensuring that vacant land (City, Provincial and state land) is protected for future housing projects, in-situ upgrades and developments
- Manage and coordinate the relocation process within a specific informal settlement
- Manage and coordinate surveys conducted in an area/region to obtain sufficient informal settlements (IS) demographic information
- Manage disaster and relief actions within informal settlements in an area
- Manage community facilitation processes with community leadership and other relevant parties
- Coordinate and control outcomes associated with utilisation, productivity and performance of staff within Council policy framework
- Manage a cost centre within budget parameters and control expenditure in order to comply with audit requirements, maintain budgetary control and keeping control of Council equipment and stock
- Manage the overall day to day administration of the defined area
- Coordinate the interaction with new housing and marketing consultants in dealing with market related queries
- Manage the operational plan through the coordination of scheduling and implementation of daily regional patrols, illegal activity reporting and investigations
- Acquisition, interpretation, coordination and dissemination of accurate information with regard to illegal activities
- Manage, facilitate and coordinate operational and functional support to Line Departments in relation to basic service delivery
- Manage and plan projects including operational planning, facilitation, coordination and implementation of relocations and organised resettlements from informal areas to New Housing Projects
- Manage the project plan and operational planning, coordination and implementation of informal settlement demographic profiling
- Manage, coordinate and implement disaster relief interventions in line with Standard Operational Procedures and the Disaster Risk Management Act
- Advise, guide and implement the rehabilitation of disaster sites to minimise future disasters
- Proactively manage the reduction of Disaster Risk Settlement Directorate
- Manage the establishment, facilitation, development, coordination and sustainability of partnerships with internal/external role players and communities
- Manage staff performance, productivity, discipline and skills development within the Department
- Manage the daily regional administration and fleet management function which includes fleet maintenance and repairs in accordance with the Corporate Fleet Procedure Manual.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 17 June 2022
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.