Western Cape Government - Department of Health
EXCITING OPPORTUNITY FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
REGISTRAR AND SENIOR REGISTRAR (SUB-SPECIALTY) CONTRACT POSTS FOR ENTRY IN 2022
The Western Cape Department of Health invites all qualified Medical/Dental Practitioners, to apply for the following available opportunities within the below-mentioned institutions.
Remuneration package: Registrar (Medical/Dental): R833 523 per annum; Senior Registrar (Medical/Dental): R1,122 630 per annum (A portion of the package can be structured according to the individuals’ personal needs). It will be expected of the successful candidate to participate in a system of remunerated commuted overtime.
Consideration will be given to existing employees who are already on higher salary packages to retain their existing salary position, as personal. As such they are entitled to receive pay progression.
Appointment as Registrar will be on contract. Employees in service who opt to continue with their pension benefits as Registrar, will be required to resign after completion of their registrarship should they not be successful for advertised Specialist positions.
Applications and enquiries must be directed as follows:
Groote Schuur Hospital (GSH):
- The Senior Manager: Medical Services, Groote Schuur Hospital, Private Bag X4, Observatory 7935. For attention: Mr. M Benjamin. Telephonic enquiries: Ms B Alexander: 021 404 2271.
Tygerberg Hospital (TBH):
- The Senior Manager: Medical Services, Tygerberg Hospital, Private Bag X3, Tygerberg 7505. For attention: Ms V Meyer. Telephonic enquiries: Ms V Meyer: 021 938 5194.
Oral Health Services:
- The Director: Oral Health Services, Private Bag X1, Tygerberg 7505. For attention: Ms L Cooper. Telephonic enquiries: Prosthodontics – Dr R Maart: 021 937 3181.
Red Cross War Memorial Children’s Hospital (RCWMCH):
- The Manager: Medical Services, Red Cross War Memorial Children’s Hospital, Private Bag X5, Rondebosch 7700. For attention: Ms T Nqola. Telephonic enquiries: Ms N Mali: 021 658 5390.
- The Chief Director: Metro Health Services Bellville Health Park, Private Bag X15, Parow 7500.
- For attention: Ms B Beukes.
- Telephone enquiries: University of Stellenbosch (US): Prof L Koen 021 940 8718; University of Cape Town (UCT): Dr N Dyalakashe: 021 826 5863.
- The Head: Emergency Medicine, Prof L Wallis, Private Bag X24, Bellville 7535.
- Telephonic enquiries: Ms L Meter: 021 948 9908.
Family Medicine: Metro Health Services:
- The Chief Director: Metro Health Services, Bellville Health Park, c/o Frans Conradie and Mike Pienaar Boulevard, 2nd Floor, North Block, Bellville 7535.
- For attention: Ms S Van Eyssen.
- Telephonic enquiries: Dr K Murie: 021 797 8194.
Family Medicine: Rural Health Services:
- Cape Winelands District Office: Room 11, Haarlem Street, Worcester 6850.
- For attention: Ms JB Salie.
Garden Route District:
- The District Manager: Garden Route District, Private Bag X6592, George 6530.
- For attention: Ms S Pienaar. West Coast: The District Director: West Coast District, Private Bag X15, Malmesbury 7299.
- For attention: Ms L Siegelaar.
- The District Director: Overberg District Office, Private Bag X07, Caledon 7230.
- For attention: Mr E Sass
- Telephone enquiries: Ms A Loliwe: 044 695 0047.
Public Health/Occupational Medicine:
- The Director: People Practices and administration, Department of Health, PO Box 2060, Cape Town 8000.
- For attention: Ms C Dawood.
- Telephonic enquiries: Dr M Moodley: 021 483 9366
- The Director: Forensic Pathology Services, Francie Van Zijl Avenue, Tygerberg 7505.
- For attention: Ms C Machelm.
- Telephonic enquiries: Prof L Martin: 021 406 6412
APPOINTMENT CONDITIONS AND ROTATION:
- • Appointment of Registrars will be for a maximum contract period of 4 years (or 5 dependent on the minimum requirements of the post).
- Appointment of Senior Registrar will be for a contract period of 2 years.
- It may become necessary to second/transfer staff to another hospital/institution during their period of training, in which case affected staff will be consulted prior to any decision being implemented. Registrars will function across health facilities, as per an agreed programme. If candidates are willing to accept placement particularly at our training institutions located in a rural setting, it will be an added recommendation. Should registration with the HEI as a student be discontinued for any reason the appointment as a Registrar also discontinues.
- Applicants must indicate whether they have bursary obligations.
- Applications must be forwarded to the relevant response addresses above and must consist of a Z83 (obtainable from any Government institution) containing full particulars and a Curriculum Vitae, plus three referee reports not older than six months.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be submitted, together with proof of academic records. Proof of current registration with the HPCSA or proof of application to register as well as payment made must also be submitted.
- Candidates applying for posts in more than one Clinical Department must please state order of preference.
As directed by the Department of Public Service and Administration, applicants must note that further reference checks will be conducted once they are short-listed and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. Specific Registrar posts within the Department will be identified as part of the Affirmative Action programme to create a representative Specialist cadre in line with applicable procedures.
This advertisement is valid for a period of six (6) months until 31 July 2022. The recruitment process will commence immediately after 31 January 2022.
For detailed information on the above post/s visit our website at: www.westerncape.gov.za/health-jobs
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.