Western Cape Government
BEAUFORT WEST (1 POST KLAASTROOM, 1 POST LEEU-GAMKA)
Reference number: TPW 2019-33
R96 549 per annum (Salary Level 2)
Mr D Plaatjies at 044 272 3699 or Ms A Matthews at 044 272 6071
The Department of Transport and Public Works, Western Cape Government seeks to employ two (2) competent individuals to support road specialists in the maintenance and building of roads. These posts are stationed in Klaarstroom and Leeu-Gamka. Please clearly state your area of preference and complete a separate application for each station.
Basic literacy and numeracy (ABET Level 2).
Experience in the following: Operating of minor construction
machines • Operating of hand tools • Civil construction activities.
Key performance areas:
Maintenance and building of roads • Perform manual labour
• Undertake general duties to support road specialists with respect to maintenance,
repair, building and cleaning of roads which may include maintenance or improvement
road surfaces, road reserves, road signs and road markings, waterways and structures
as well as related activities.
Competencies: A good understanding of building, maintenance and repair of roads
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines • Ability to work in a team
• Communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western
NB: Candidates will be required to complete a practical exercise as part of the interview
process as well as a medical fitness test as prescribed by the Construction Regulations
as contained in the OHS Act 85/1993.
Applicants from the local communities will receive preference.
To apply, you must submit a manual application. Please complete an application form
(Z 83) and current CV (5 pages maximum) together with certified copies of ID, Academic
qualifications and proof of other requirements as indicated in the advertisement. The
position being applied for and the reference number must be clearly indicated on the
Z83 application form.
To submit your application, only use 1 of the 3 options available:
(1) Hand deliver to: Affirmative Portfolios, Unit 14, 1st Floor, 3 Canal Edge, Tyger Waterfront,
Carl Cronje Drive, Bellville 7530 (Between 08:00 to 17:00).
(2) Postal address: PO 5496, Tyger Valley Centre Parking Area, Bellville 7536.
(3) E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org Only one application will be accepted per job.
Applications not submitted on or before the closing date as well as faxed will not be