Western Cape Government
DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT
ROAD WORKER: ROAD MAINTENANCE
(7 POSITIONS AVAILABLE)
Reference number: TPW 2018-210
Component: Road Maintenance
Salary: R96,549 per annum (Salary Level 2)
Enquiries: Mr N Mitchell at 021 863 2020
Job purpose: The Department of Transport and Public Works, Western Cape
Government seeks to employ individuals to support road specialists in the maintenance
and building of roads. The successful incumbent must possess the following personal
attributes: Motivation and reliable, be helpful and practical. These posts are stationed in
Ashton, Bellville and Paarl. Please clearly state your area of preference and complete a
separate application for each station.
Basic literacy and numeracy (ABET Level 2).
Experience and knowledge in the following:
- Building, maintenance and repair of roads
- Operating of minor construction machines
- Operating of hand tools
- Civil construction activities.
Key performance areas:
Support road specialists in the maintenance and building of roads
• Perform manual labour
• Undertake general duties to support road specialists with respect to maintenance, repair, building and cleaning of roads which may include maintenance or improvement road surfaces, road reserves, road signs and road
markings, waterways and structures as well as related activities.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team
- Communication (written and verbal) skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
To apply, you must submit a manual application. Please complete an application
form (Z 83) and current CV (5 pages maximum) together with certified copies of
ID, Academic qualifications and proof of other requirements as indicated in the
advertisement. The position being applied for and the reference number must be
clearly indicated on the Z83 application form. Applicants from local communities will
If you want to hand deliver the application, please use the following address:
4 Dorp Street, Walk-in Centre, Ground Floor, Cape Town 8001 (Open from 08:00
to 16:00 Monday to Friday) or you may post it to the following postal address:
Attention: Department of the Premier: Recruitment and Selection, P.O Box 659,
Cape Town 8000. Applications not submitted on or before the closing date as well as
faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
The WCG is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Disabled candidates
are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard would be appreciated.
Closing date: 15 October 2018