City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
SPATIAL PLANNING AND ENVIRONMENT ● DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT
SECTION HEAD: BUILDING DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT
TCOE SALARY COMMENCING FROM R1 026 140 TO R1 427 026 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: SPE 20/21 ● VARIOUS POSSIBLE AREAS (APPLICATIONS RECEIVED MAY BE USED FOR THE FILLING OF ANY FUTURE VACANCIES)
- A relevant three-year Tertiary qualification (e.g. Architecture/Quantity Surveying) in any Built Environment discipline
- Extensive experience at an appropriate level in a similar function, including plans approval
- Managerial/supervisory experience
- Thorough knowledge and implementation of the National Building Regulations (NBR) and SANS 10400 requirements
- Computer literacy (particularly in MS Office)
- A valid Code B (08) driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Managing the building development function at District level to ensure the effective processing of building development applications, inspections and law enforcement
- Managing the systems and operational requirements related to the processing of building applications for the District
- Approving or refusing building plan applications as recommended by the Building Control Officer
- Ensuring compliance with the NBR and all other applicable laws as required by Section 7 of the National Building Regulations and Building Standards Act, 1977 (Act 103 of 1977)
- Liaising with plans examiners and architectural professionals
- Providing input into current and future interventions necessary to achieve acceptable levels and standards with regard to the Department’s performance and service delivery plans.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
Closing date: 25 June 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.