Website Western Cape Government
EXCITING OPPORTUNITY FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
The Department of Health is guided by the
principles of Employment Equity. Candidates
with disabilities are encouraged to apply and
an indication in this regard will be appreciated.
Closing Date: 2 November 2018
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certifi ed copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualifi cation/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post.
Applications without the aforementioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CVs will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service and Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualifi cation verifi cation, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
TYGERBERG HOSPITAL, PAROW VALLEY
REMUNERATION: R115 437 per annum
SERVICE BENEFITS: 13TH CHEQUE, EMPLOYER’S CONTRIBUTION TO THE PENSION FUND, HOUSING AND MEDICAL AID ALLOWANCE
Minimum educational qualification:
General Education and Training Certifi cate (GETC)/Grade 9 (Std7). Registration with a professional council: Registration with the Private Security Regulatory Authority of South Africa in terms of the Private Security Industry Regulations Act (Act 56 of 2001), PSIRA. Experience:
Appropriate experience in security services. Inherent requirement of the job: Willingness to work shifts and be available on a 24-hour basis.
Proficiency in English (both written and verbal) in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape
• Knowledge of prescripts, regulations and procedures
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work in a team as well as independently
• Ability to take full responsibility and be diligent.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
Protect, guard buildings, key-points, patients, visitors, personnel as well as the patrolling of fenced-off areas, buildings and the premises
• Ensure access or egress control to prevent the unlawful entry, removal of persons, vehicles, dangerous objects and illegal substances and the monitoring of surveillance cameras or fire alarm systems
• Effective application of service delivery/efficient support to the supervisor
• Effective and efficient use of equipment to render an efficient security service
• Control and monitor surveillance cameras to identify, prevent any unlawful entry of persons, suspicious objects, person as well as vehicle thefts and forcible entry to departments or entrances of the hospital.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
Enquiries: Mr VP September, tel. 021 938 6077
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION FOR THE ATTENTION OF MS V MEYER, TO THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER: TYGERBERG HOSPITAL, PRIVATE BAG X3, TYGERBERG 7505.