The Richmond Municipality hereby invites suitably qualified
applicants to apply for the following permanent position.
Salary: min. R214 976.28 to a max. R279 050.88 p.a. (Task Level 11)
• Grade 12
• Possession of a Degree/Diploma in Information Technology
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in hardware/software installation and
system maintenance work
• Computer literacy
• Valid driver’s licence (Code 08).
Key performance areas:
• Supervise and coordinate the functioning of information
technology for the Municipality
• Undertake hardware/software installations
• Undertake system/network maintenance
• Perform upgrades and repairs
• Provide end user support
• Assessment of requirements relating to upgrades,
new software and disposals
• Provide training and guidance to end users
• Perform administrative functions relating to asset details, licence records and reports
• Liaison with User Departments on requirement specifications for new hardware/
• Undertake the maintenance and updating of the Municipality’s website.
Letters of application accompanied by a Curriculum Vitae and certified
copies of qualifications must be forwarded to: The Acting Municipal Manager,
Mr S.L. Mthembu, Richmond Municipality, Private Bag 1028, Richmond 3780,
or be hand delivered to 57 Shepstone Street, Richmond by no later then the
close of business on Friday, 03 August 2018.
Enquiries may be directed through the office of: The Manager, Corporate
Services, on tel. (033) 212 2155.
The canvassing of Councillors and officials in respect of the above position will
lead to the immediate disqualification of applicants. Faxed applications, copies
of certified copies and e-mailed copies of applications WILL NOT be accepted.
Should you not be contacted within 1 month from the closing date, kindly consider
your application as unsuccessful.
The Richmond Municipality subscribes to the Employment Equity Act. The
Richmond Municipality reserves the right not to fill the position.
MR S.L. MTHEMBU: THE ACTING MUNICIPAL MANAGER