The City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CORPORATE SERVICES ● INFORMATION SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY (IS&T)
SENIOR IT SYSTEMS ENGINEER
TCOE SALARY COMMENCING FROM R870 029 TO R1 102 817 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: CS 163/22 ● CIVIC CENTRE, CAPE TOWN
- Minimum National diploma supported by industry specific/related qualifications. Applicants with higher tertiary qualifications (e.g. B degree) will be given preference
- Minimum of seven (7) to eight (8) years’ relevant experience
- Specialised knowledge of IT Security Intelligence platforms e.g. McAfee SIEM
- Specialised knowledge of Reverse Proxy platforms e.g. Citrix networking
- Specialised knowledge of cybersecurity systems, methodologies, and industry standards.
Key performance areas:
- Act as a cybersecurity subject matter expert to design new information security systems and procedures based upon industry standards to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of City of Cape Town ICT infrastructure, applications and networks
- Act as a cybersecurity subject matter expert to design, implement and monitor controls to mitigate and remediate risks to the City’s ICT environment
- Detect, identify, analyse, correlate and remediate advanced threats to the City’s ICT environment
- Communicate with fellow professionals as well as internal and external clients to work on issues of common interest and/or to share information
- Drafting of correspondence of a more complex and involved nature to facilitate the functioning of the Department/Branch
- Participate in projects through the life cycle.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 1 July 2022
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.