Nelson Mandela University
Post Code: 4131
Department: Public Management and Leadership
Campus: Port Elizabeth
South Africa, Eastern Cape, Port Elizabeth
Nelson Mandela University is a new generation university, committed to offering accessible higher education in a dynamic environment of excellence and innovation. We are committed to the growth and development of our people as the key to our continued excellence and quality.
Core Job Purpose: To facilitate the acquisition of knowledge and skills by individuals in order that they are able to function effectively within the profession and as productive members of the broader society.
Key Performance Areas:
- Facilitation of teaching and learning within the discipline of Public Administration and Management
- Supervision of postgraduate research
- Perform academic administration, in relation to the expectations of the qualifications in Public Administration and Management
- Coordination of the Raymond Mhlaba Unit for Public Administration and Leadership in Project Management
- Develop relevant course and module content in collaboration with staff in the discipline of Public administration and Management
- Participate in engagement within the University and wider community.
- Sound knowledge in the theory and application of Public Administration and Management
- Experience in facilitating learning at the undergraduate and postgraduate level and supervision of post-graduate research
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the creation of knowledge, by virtue of publications and successful supervision of post-graduate
- Show potential in conducting research in Public Administration and Management
- Ability to organise annual memorial lectures; organise and manage short learning programmes and other community engagement activities
- Project management skills.
In order to be considered for appointment to this post, candidates should have:
- A PhD in Public Administration and Management with relevant experience for Senior Lecturer, OR
- A Master’s degree in Public Administration and Management with relevant experience
- For lecturer: progress towards completing a PhD will be an added advantage.
Enquiries: Ms Fa-eeza Grimsel, tel. 041 504 3555 or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for all applications: 28 July 2019
Nelson Mandela University reserves the right not to make an appointment. In considering candidates for appointment into the advertised posts, preference will be accorded to persons from a designated group in accordance with the approved University’s Employment Equity Plan.