The City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
ENERGY ● ELECTRICITY GENERATION AND DISTRIBUTION
SENIOR PROFESSIONAL OFFICER
TCOE SALARY COMMENCING FROM R870 029 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: NRG 36/22
- BTech or BSc degree in Information Technology or Electrical Engineering (Light Current)
- Registered Pr Eng. / Pr Tech Eng. or eligible for registration
- A minimum of 5 years post qualification IT and OT Network experience including firewall, switch and router configuration and management experience
- Network monitoring via specific security applications
- Cyber security experience and general fault finding in a high security network environment
- An intimate knowledge of IT fundamentals and the operation and management of highly secure IT networks is highly advantageous
- Supervision of Staff
- A high degree of computer literacy
- Valid Code B or EB driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Monitor system network activity using latest best methods such as Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) applications and report to management on status
- Cyber security: Implement and maintain cybersecurity systems, policy and SOPs to ensure protection of ADMS system is in line with best practice and legislative requirements
- Management of all eternal OT/IT connectivity such as but not limited to Firewall management, VPN connections for support purposes, Internet Service connections, Corporate IS&T connectivity (Peering points), WAN links (e.g. Bloemhof – Newlands Network Control Rooms), Thin Client access, and Interconnection Connection Control Protocol (ICCP) connectivity between the City and Eskom Control Centres and HV substations
- Participate in contract management, project management and BID Committee for ADMS systems and related technologies
- Remain current in all developments and aspects of ADMS OT/IT related applications.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 20 May 2022
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.