City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WATER AND WASTE ● WATER AND SANITATION ● BULK SERVICES ● BULK WATER
SENIOR PROFESSIONAL OFFICER: BULK WATER CONVEYANCE, DATA AND TELEMETRY
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R840 607 TO R1 269 916 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: WS 130/21
- BSc (Civil Engineering) or BEng (Civil Engineering) or BTech (Engineering)
- Eligibility for registration as a Professional Engineer/Technologist (professional registration is preferred)
- A minimum of five (5) years’ water related experience
- Design and projects management experience in the technical/engineering field
- Understanding of pipeline hydraulics
- Experience in telemetry, data management and a working knowledge of SCADA architecture would be an advantage
- Effective verbal/written communication skills and innovative thinking ability
- A valid driver’s licence and own reliable transport
- Willingness to work outside normal working hours and required to perform standby duties.
Key performance areas:
- Analysing the bulk water conveyance system
- Developing, implementing, maintaining and managing telemetry system throughout the Bulk Water Branch
- Preparing capital and operating estimates for data and telemetry management, and managing and controlling expenditure against the approved budget allocations.
- Liaison with EAM branch on management of telemetry project teams for investigations, design, project management, contract administration, construction supervision, commissioning and hand-over of telemetry infrastructure, upgrades of present infrastructure and operational driven technical projects
- Disseminating functional planning, project implementation and operational information on the immediate, short- and long-term bulk water initiatives, objectives, problems and constraints
- Providing telemetry guidance, maintaining technical standards and infrastructure, and the protects rights
- Ensuring correct and efficient written communication with internal and external parties and the safekeeping thereof.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 3 September 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.