City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
OFFICE OF THE CITY MANAGER
SENIOR PROFESSIONAL OFFICER: BUSINESS CONTINUITY
TCOE SALARY COMMENCING FROM R840 607 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: CM 06/21
- A relevant qualification with majors in either public development, auditing, risk management, business continuity management or a similar/related field
- Five (5) years’ relevant experience within the probity, integrated risk management or internal audit field and specific involvement within business continuity management activities
- In-depth understanding of business continuity management and governance frameworks, strong knowledge of business continuity best practices and protocols, and operational risk management
- Computer literacy
- Membership or association with a professional body e.g. BCM Continuity (SA), IRMSA, CA(SA), IIA etc. would be advantageous
- A valid driver’s licence with own vehicle/transport.
Key performance areas:
- Leading and assisting line management with the development of strategic business continuity implementation plans through relevant methods including, but not limited to scenario planning, identifying cause and effect relationships
- Coordinating and facilitating meetings with relevant stakeholders giving effect to the established BCM standard operating procedures of the City of Cape Town
- Analysing statistical data and formulating recommendations for line management’s consideration
- Producing relevant, useful, and professional reports and communications
- Participating and guiding line management in discussions and decision-making processes to identify crosscutting and stand-alone ‘mission critical’ and ‘business critical’ processes
- Promoting, fostering, persuading, encouraging innovate and build relationships with key role-players and facilitating change management
- Facilitating the completion of all documents related to the BCM processes and ensuring that the most updated information is accessible to relevant stakeholders
- Ensuring compliance to City’s legislative framework.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
Closing date: 25 June 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.