City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WATER AND WASTE ● WATER AND SANITATION ● WASTEWATER
SENIOR PROFESSIONAL OFFICER (CIVIL ENGINEER)
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R840 607 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: WS 94/21
- BSc Civil/Chemical/Mechanical Engineering or BTech in Civil/Chemical/Mechanical Engineering
- Registration or eligible for registration as Pr Eng or Pr Tech
- Four (4) to six (6) years’ experience required in the project management/design of wastewater treatment plants
- Valid driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Managing multidisciplinary project teams and preparing engineering designs, specifications and drawings
- Managing specific projects
- Serving on bid specification, project and contract steering committees
- Chairing on-site contract meetings
- Interacting with developers regarding wastewater treatment issues
- Compiling technical specifications, and other contract administration
- Liaising with contractors, reviewing contract documentation, making recommendations and approving final designs
- Designing wastewater infrastructures
- Supervising staff and on-the-job training and mentoring engineers-in-training
- Establishing and analysing the cashflow requirements of the projects.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 9 July 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.