The City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WATER AND WASTE • SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT: CLEANSING • OPERATIONAL PROGRAMMES MANAGEMENT UNIT
SENIOR PROFESSIONAL OFFICER: CLEANSING – OPERATIONAL PROGRAMMES MANAGEMENT UNIT
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R840 607 – R1 140 489 PER ANNUM • REF NO: SWM 13//21 • CAPE TOWN CIVIC CENTRE
- A relevant degree or BTech qualification in Project Management, Built Environment, Environmental Management, Environmental or Civil Engineering or Geological Engineering/Sciences
- A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in project and programmes management related field at an appropriate level
- Computer literacy in MS applications and SAP
- A valid Code B or EB driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Applying a substantial body of professional knowledge within a discipline or a specialised functional area
- Initiating projects and programmes through the application of strategic and operational planning guidelines
- Drafting of project and programme specifications and commenting on draft documents with regard to the entire Cleansing Branch projects and programmes
- Undertaking and administration of the entire projects and programmes lifecycle
- Chairing (chairperson) of the relevant Cleansing Branch committees that deal with the implementation of projects and programmes from time to time
- Implementing a range of major and minor projects and programmes for Cleansing: Solid Waste Management
- Reviewing of the Cleansing Branch projects and programmes specifications and standards, and making recommendations of new standards in order to keep with new technology and innovations
- Undertaking accurate and responsible financial and other resource utilisation to execute required projects
- Communicating with the internal Finance Department of Solid Waste for the requests of the budget adjustments and additional funding requests on current and new projects
- Coordinating and facilitating meetings with management, internal and external stakeholders and fellow professionals
- Drafting letters and reports to give information and resolve more complex queries or problems on projects and programmes
- Analysing statistical data and formulating recommendations for line management consideration
- Undertaking significant research in relation to solid waste management focusing on the cleansing aspects.
Please apply online at http://www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
Closing date: 4 June 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.