The City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
HUMAN SETTLEMENTS ● COMMUNICATIONS AND STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT
SENIOR PROFESSIONAL OFFICER: COMMUNICATIONS AND MEDIA LIAISON OFFICER
TCOE SALARY COMMENCING FROM R870 029 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: HSM 17/22
- Relevant three-year tertiary qualification
- Minimum eight (8) years’ relevant experience
- Computer literacy
- Professional Driver’s Permit (D): Code B.
Key performance areas:
- Ensure the most balanced reporting possible and a free flow of internal and external stakeholder’s information to improve the image and relations of the Directorate with the public
- Develop and manage partnerships/good relationships between the office of the Mayoral Committee member, Executive Director and other, in order to ensure that effective and meaningful partnership relationships
- Manage all public and media enquiries to and from the office of the Mayoral Committee member and Directorate, in order to ensure that all public and media enquiries are properly addressed and resolved – add on to efforts to improve working relationships with the public and media fraternity
- Coordinate the presentations on relevant topics and functionalities in order to ensure that all presentations are successfully received and that all relevant and/or required information/topics are covered
- Manage communication and marketing aspects in order to communicate challenges, achievements, shortcomings relating to Human Settlements Services delivery to stakeholders
- Provide support to line departments. councillors with regard to advertisements on local radio stations in order to ensure successful broadcasting of advertisements over radio stations
- Coordinate the activities of media service providers to ensure that work by external service providers are done in accordance with City policies and guidelines to maintain a professional media liaison interface
- Assist with the training of senior management and councillors with regard to media enquiries in order to improve the professional working relationship between the Human Settlements Directorate and the media.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 17 June 2022
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.