The City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
HUMAN SETTLEMENTS ● HOUSING DEVELOPMENT
SENIOR PROFESSIONAL OFFICER: CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
TCOE SALARY COMMENCING FROM R870 029 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: HSM 16/22 ● BELLVILLE; MILNERTON; PLUMSTEAD AND SOMERSET WEST
- Degree in the Civil Engineering / Building Environment field
- Advanced Construction Management qualification will be advantageous
- EPWP (Principles National requirement) and Professional registration (Advantageous)
- Minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience in Civil Engineering and/or Construction Management
- Computer literacy: MS Office and SAP
- Special condition : Knowledge of City’s policies and procedures and relevant legislation
- Physical Requirements: The physical attributes required for the performance of tasks associated with specific key performance areas in this post necessitates that the incumbent be physically fit and able-bodied
- Code B driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Manage the successful implementation/construction of the COCT’s Human Settlements Developments by policy implementation, monitoring and reporting, construction management and consultancy management
- Guide, advise and implement construction policies, procedures, systems and processes in the Department in order to ensure alignment and compliance to City’s policies and regulatory requirements through compliance management
- Manage the implementation (construction) of infrastructure and top structures during the development of Human Settlements through business planning and construction management, construction of services (USDG), construction of top structures and buildings (HSDG), construction management and quality assurance, consultancy management, construction programmes / projects and consultancy management.
- Communicate, establish networking and maintain business partnerships with all relevant stakeholders through construction programme projects
- Manage financially through maximising the Division’s business sense and display a sound business understanding in applying the most effective management practices through managing and controlling Capital and Operating budgets
- Communicate with internal and external role players, in order to draft reports and make presentations on various professional issues in an effective, concise and professional manner
- Facilitate the initiation and implementation of cross-cutting projects and service improvement initiatives within the Authority through programme management control
- Manage functional administrative arrangements by facilitating, preparing and presenting a wide variety of complex functional reports, ensuring appropriate administrative Policies and Processes are implemented, ensuring the effective administration and loss management system for the Division, responding to queries and requests for services from clients and the safe keeping of documentation, results of research, investigations and correspondence.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 17 June 2022
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.