City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
ENERGY ● ELECTRICITY GENERATION AND DISTRIBUTION
SENIOR PROFESSIONAL OFFICER: EQUIPMENT SPECIFICATIONS AND PERFORMANCE – SUBSTATIONS EQUIPMENT
TCOE SALARY COMMENCING FROM R870 029 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: NRG 45/22
- BEng or BSc degree in Electrical Engineering or BTech degree in Electrical Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer or eligible for registration, or
- Registered Professional Engineering Technologist or eligible for registration
- Minimum of five (5) years’ postgraduate technical and managerial experience with extensive exposure to electrical distribution equipment and electrical distribution infrastructure, with particular emphasis and knowledge relating to MV distribution switchgear, transformers, miniature substations and substation ancillary equipment
- Extensive knowledge of power system engineering and related disciplines and of the theoretical and practical aspects of electrical distribution equipment and technologies, and of related standards
- Excellent technical and personnel management skills
- Proficiency in compiling and managing capital budgets.
Key performance areas:
- Research, introduce and apply new technologies and standards and practices in electricity distribution substation equipment and liaise with local and international distribution equipment suppliers and other local electricity utilities regarding current products and trends, and specifications and standards, to establish current and proposed best practice in electricity distribution substation equipment
- Conduct technical research, drafting and managing the preparation of technical drawings, preparing detailed tender specifications for electricity distribution substation equipment in accordance with accepted standards, convening and chairing Bid Specification Committees and overseeing the issuing of the tender document, examination of technical documentation and manage and co-ordinate technical details of tender contracts for electrical distribution substation equipment including post-award engineering phase
- Responsible for monitoring electricity distribution substation equipment performance, conducting technical investigations into equipment failures and providing general technical support.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 24 June 2022
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.