City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
COMMUNITY SERVICES AND HEALTH • RECREATION AND PARKS
SENIOR PROFESSIONAL OFFICER: FACILITIES MAINTENANCE AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICE
TCOE SALARY: COMMENCING FROM R1 026 140 PER ANNUM • REF.: RP 25/20 • CAPE TOWN CIVIC CENTRE
- Qualified legal practitioner with an LLB qualification and admission as an attorney
- Municipal Finance Management Act – Minimum Competency Qualification
- In-depth supply chain management and public procurement knowledge would be a definite advantage
- Up to seven (7) years’ experience within the legal compliance fields
- Extensive knowledge and exposure to local government operations and service delivery obligations
- Excellent analytical abilities, attention to detail, communication and report writing skills
- Highly proficient computer skills
- A valid driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Managing, facilitating and guiding the development, management and performance of contracts, agreements, regulatory frameworks and alternative service delivery mechanisms relating to services and service delivery
- Providing, facilitating and implementing professional guidance and understanding of the regulatory frameworks pertaining to:
- The development and management of services and operational contracts and service agreements;
- The formulation of Departmental Service Delivery Strategies and Policies
- Providing operational risk management by ensuring departmental compliance to corporate services requirements
- Performing a range of diverse functions including:
- Training interventions relating to City policies, directives and/or regulatory frameworks;
- Compiling of documents for purpose of legal proceedings or litigation;
- Preparing process recording and documentation for supply chain management appeal proceedings;
- Formulating formal responses to complainants relating to service delivery issues;
- Facilitating resolutions relating to risk management and non-compliance and general risk and compliance management.
CLOSING DATE: 23 October 2020
Please apply online at http://www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants), unless otherwise stated.