City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CORPORATE SERVICES ● INFORMATION SERVICES AND TECHNOLOGY
SENIOR PROFESSIONAL OFFICER (FINANCE AND COMPLIANCE): CAR PROGRAMME – 2 YEAR – FIXED TERM CONTRACT
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING R840 607 – R1 180 555 PER ANNUM • REF NO: CS 13/21 • CIVIC CENTRE
- A relevant BTech or Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum eight (8) years’ experience
- Project management experience
- Presentation skills
- High level of computer literacy and physically fit.
Key performance areas:
- Seeking, developing and maintaining the support of corporate, departmental and societal stakeholders in the CAR PROGRAMME Finance and Admin section, its functions, outputs and its further development so as to smoothly attain its goals
- Planning, building up, maintaining and supporting a personnel structure optimised for excellence and ready to execute the job at hand in accordance with relevant labour legislation, organisational guidelines and associated best practices
- Managing departmental funds in such a manner as to accomplish the mission and objectives of the department in accordance with all relevant legislation and policies
- Managing the departmental procurement function in accordance with budget strategies, Supply Chain Management (SCM) policies and all relevant regulations in order to maintain supplies of all goods and services within the required time frames and agreed upon costs
- Managing a portfolio of value-adding services on behalf of the CAR Programme in order to satisfy departmental requirements for service excellence, continuous improvement and risk management, and in order to give effect the stated aim of the City administration of creating, maintaining and supporting an open innovation ecosystem.