The City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
URBAN MOBILITY • PUBLIC TRANSPORT OPERATIONS
SENIOR PROFESSIONAL OFFICER: INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT AND TRANSFORMATION
TCOE SALARY COMMENCING FROM R870 029 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: UM0 23/22
- Relevant B degree
- Professional registration would be advantageous
- Minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience in a Public Transport Liaison environment
- Proficiency in SAP and MS Office
- Excellent communication, negotiation and persuasion skills
- A valid driver’s license with own reliable transport.
Key performance areas:
- Lead the Public Transport Industry development and transformation initiatives that supports the objectives of the Public Transport Industry Transition programmes such as minibus-taxi reform and transformation in partnership with other transport departments and external parties.
- Deal with a wide range of issues requiring judgment in assessing variable and unpredictable circumstances and involving research, investigation, evaluation, make recommendations and establish standards for the development and implementation of long and short-term objectives.
- Guide, advise and implement policies, procedures, systems and processes in the department
- Public Transport Industry Stakeholder liaison and negotiation
- Perform a liaison and relationship function with the Industry with the objective of ensuring that relevant branch projects are successfully implemented as well as accepted by the Industry
- Financial planning and control
- Manage the staff to ensure adherence and compliance with all policies and legislation.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 20 May 2022
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.