City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WATER AND WASTE • SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT • TECHNICAL SERVICES
SENIOR PROFESSIONAL OFFICER: INFRASTRUCTURE ASSET MANAGEMENT
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R840 607 – R1 269 916 PER ANNUM • REF NO: SWM 21/21 • HILLSTAR, OTTERY
- A BEng in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or equivalent qualification
- A minimum of five (5) to six (6) years’ relevant experience as per KPAs below, including physical asset management (maintenance) and project management
- Computer literacy in MS applications and SAP
- A valid driver’s licence
Key performance areas:
- Applying a body of professional knowledge coupled with experience to develop and implement a full range of programmes, systems, policies and practices
- Conducting research and investigations to obtain information for the design of substantial or complex programmes, systems or other specialist initiatives
- Analysing and evaluating research data and other information collected from a variety of sources and applying this to projects, systems, and policy and procedure development
- Providing a high-level consulting and advisory service across the Organisation
- Interpreting results of research and information gathering and making decisions on complex issues based on this information
- Engaging in high-level problem-solving using information gained from various sources such as research, data collection, consulting others within and external to the Organisation
- Liaising with internal customers (cleansing, collections, disposal, planning) and external vendors
- Creation, implementation and monitoring of service level agreements
- Serving on Bid Evaluation Committee for capital expenditure on the purchase of plant and fleet items
- Undertaking specific activities associated with CAPEX and OPEX to ensure vehicles and movable and fixed plants are maintained, repaired, available and reliable
- Responsible for the overall management and implementation of assigned projects
- Undertaking specific activities to ensure all physical assets are managed cost-effectively and efficiently
- Managing the implementation of financial controls/procedures and providing information to support financial planning sequences.
Please apply online at http://www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
Closing date: 18 June 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.