City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
FINANCE ● REVENUE ● SPECIALISED SERVICES
SENIOR PROFESSIONAL OFFICER: TECHNICAL ANALYST
TCOE SALARY COMMENCING FROM R870 029 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: FIN 36/22 ● CIVIC CENTRE, CAPE TOWN
- B degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Finance, Mathematics, Operations Research or related degree
- A higher qualification will be advantageous
- A minimum of five (5) years’ data analysis experience in a financial environment
- At least two (2) years’ working experience with “R” or Python programs as well as SQL
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications with advanced Excel
- Valid Code B, EB or C driver’s licence is required.
Key performance areas:
- Apply a substantial body of professional, financial and computer science knowledge to analyse and interpret financial data that has an impact on the City’s collection ratios and debt collection processes
- Establish the data requirements and the collection thereof to generate value and make recommendations on data collection, integration and retention, incorporating business requirements
- Develop experimental design approaches, validations or test hypotheses to find the best model to explain datasets
- Discover useful patterns and natural clusters to inform solutions
- Develop and monitor dashboard reporting on the status of the billing anomalies and payment trends of debtors as well as the debt collection activities
- Engage in high level problem solving using information gained from various sources such as research, data extractions and collection and consulting others
- Responsible for the calculation of the City’s collection ratios
- Monitor and report on deviations with regard to the City’s internal accounts and make recommendations to have them rectified
- Responsible for the writing away of credits on final accounts
- Coordinate and facilitate working groups to share knowledge and develop plans and strategies on identified problem areas
- Control and monitor the Revenue suspense and clearing accounts.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 24 June 2022
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.