City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. In line with the City’s corporate employment equity and diversity strategy, equity policy, plan and targets, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups.
TRANSPORT ● TRANSPORT PLANNING AND NETWORK MANAGEMENT
SENIOR PROFESSIONAL OFFICER: TRANSPORT MODELLING
TCOE SALARY COMMENCING FROM R840 607 PER ANNUM • REF NO: TRA 59/21
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (or another relevant built environment field)
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in transportation modelling, including majority in macro-modelling, in commercially available software such as INRO, PTV, AIMSUN etc
- Good report-writing, presentation and communication skills
- Experience in meso-, micro-modelling or agent-based modelling would be advantageous.
Key performance areas:
- Facilitating, upgrading, maintaining and applying Cape Town’s transit (public transport) and transport modelling systems consisting of the Emme strategic transport model (macroscopic) and the more detailed localised transport models (mesoscopic)
- Facilitating and running cost modelling to quantify the costs and benefits of Cape Town’s modelled transport system, particularly public transport
- Facilitating, upgrading and maintaining system performance analysis of Cape Town’s transport system
- Updating and maintaining GIS aspects of the transport system and enhancing the existing systems to enable the branch’s information to be more widely accessible to decisionmakers
- Providing technical and professional input into the processes relating to contracts and tenders
- Drafting reports, presentations and correspondence containing complex information
- Facilitating and coordinating communication and information flow within the branch.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 26 November 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at www.capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.