City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WATER AND WASTE ● WATER AND SANITATION ● WATER DEMAND MANAGEMENT
SENIOR PROFESSIONAL OFFICER: WATER POLLUTION
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R840 607 PER ANNUM • REF NO: WS 134/21
- B degree/BTech in Analytical Chemistry or related field
- Five (5) to six (6) years’ Experience in Water Pollution Control or related, of which two (2) years should be at supervisory level
- In-depth background knowledge of the Water and Sanitation Policies, Regulations, Strategies and Standards
- Ability to supervise junior staff members
- Exceptional communication skills
- Valid driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Developing and updating policies, strategies, bylaws and procedures for the provision of wastewater control
- Overseeing the implementation of the Water and Wastewater Bylaws
- Promoting partnerships and co-operative governance by liaising with interdepartmental and intergovernmental role-players to ensure alignment of policies and strategies
- Ensuring community awareness on regulatory rights and responsibilities.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 17 September 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.