City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WATER AND WASTE ● WATER AND SANITATION ● BULK WATER
BASIC SALARY: R461 499 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: WS 54/21 ● NEWLANDS, MOLTENO AND PLATTEKLOOF RESERVOIRS
- A National Diploma in Water Care or Civil/Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum eight (8) years’ experience in water conveyance, large pump station and reservoir operations supervision, large diameter pipelines and the construction of associated structures
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience as a Superintendent in water storage and conveyance
- A valid Code EB driver’s licence a must and own reliable transport will be advantageous
- Required to work in all weather conditions; work outside normal working hours; standby duties; during emergencies and structured and planned overtime.
Key performance areas:
- Managing the effective supply of potable water
- Managing delegated statutory duties with regard to the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Dam Safety Act
- Managing the various pipelines within the area of authority
- Managing the tasks and activities associated with the functioning of the depot infrastructure / facilities / plant and equipment
- Planning, prioritising and scheduling routine work, operational projects and maintenance work
- Managing and controlling personnel performance, productivity and discipline
- Overseeing programmes/contracts and general repair work and wayleave procedures
- Performing specific administrative tasks/ activities associated with the updating and maintaining records/information related to the operations at the Depot.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
Closing date: 14 May 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.