City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WATER AND WASTE SERVICES ● SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT ● TECHNICAL SERVICES
SENIOR SUPERINTENDENT: FLEET
(APPLICANTS WHO APPLIED UNDER SWM 1/21 MUST NOT RE-APPLY)
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R840 607 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: SWM 24/21 ● HILLSTAR, OTTERY
- Diesel Mechanic Trade Tested Artisan or technical/professional qualification
- Five (5) years’ relevant post-trade experience at an appropriate level as per KPAs below
- Five (5) years’ experience in a supervisory technical position
- Computer literacy
- A valid Code C or EC driver’s licence
- Must be willing to work overtime as well as weekends.
Key performance areas:
- Coordinating tasks/activities associates with the implementation of procedures and, monitoring and reporting on sequences/outcomes
- Assessing the adequacy of procedures, systems and controls associated with vehicle, plant, equipment and material availability and utilization
- Participating in operational discussions/meetings and elaborating/presenting factual information
RESOURCE PLANNING AND CONTROL:
- Planning, prioritising and scheduling project and maintenance work
- Analysing financial resource requirements against project scope and time frames
- Preparing resource allocation schedules (cost, material and time spread) and priority programmes for execution
SUPERVISION AND CONTROL:
- Monitoring attendance /conduct and output and addressing deviations form agreed performance indicators
- Addressing workplace conflict/conduct
- Defining skill gap and training needs and activating procedural sequences aimed at developing and capacitating individuals
SPECIALISED MAINTENANCE FUNCTIONS:
- Conducting inspections with a view to determining the status and/or progress of work at specific locations/sites
- Participating in project handover inspections and verifying scope of contract against actual outcomes prior to confirming approval/acceptance
- Checking details of transactional documentation
- Completing investigative reports, reconciling details of findings from inspections/ observations
- Monitoring compliance with administrative and reporting requirements
- Responsible for the compilation of the depot’s operating and capital budget including monitoring.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 9 July 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.