City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WATER AND WASTE • WATER AND SANITATION • ENGINEERING ASSET AND MANAGEMENT
SPECIALIST ENGINEERING ARTISAN
BASIC SALARY: R369 348 TO R407 745 PER ANNUM • REF NO: WS 15/21 • REGION 2, HILLSTAR AND BELLVILLE
- Minimum qualification, NTC 3 Trade Tested Artisan in Fitter/ Fitter and Turner, Mechanical Fitter, Millwright trades
- Five (5) years’ post-apprentice experience in a relevant trade inclusive of supervisory work
- Work experience of various machinery repairs such as root blowers, centrifuges, compressors, pumps, valves, hydro-turbines, pneumatics, hydraulics, gearboxes and water pressure reducing/controlling systems
- Minimum of Code B driver’s licence
- Computer literacy (MS office).
Key performance areas:
- Supervising and controlling of artisan and semi-skilled staff
- Performing activities in an engineering trade that involves constructing, repairing, fabricating, fault-finding and diagnostics using full range of tools and equipment
- Compliance with all statutory requirements, policies and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- Providing a maintenance and repair service for vehicles or plant
- Identifying training needs and providing on the job coaching and mentoring to junior staff members.
CLOSING DATE: 12 March 2021
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants), unless otherwise stated.