City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITIES AND ASSET MANAGEMENT • FLEET MANAGEMENT
SPECIALIST ENGINEERING ARTISAN
BASIC SALARY: R369 348 PER ANNUM • REF NO: EOA 26/21 • BELLVILLE AND FUTURE VACANCIES
- A trade test qualification in either a Motor/Diesel/Construction Plant
- A valid driver’s licence
- Computer literacy
- Minimum of five (5) years’ post apprenticeship experience as a Mechanic
- Supervisory experience in a vehicle and plant workshop would be advantageous.
Key performance areas:
- Providing technical maintenance and repair service for vehicles or plant when required
- Ensuring satisfactory customer service
- Supervising activities in fault-finding, evaluation of staff and workshop performance
- Ensuring effective control of financial aspects relating to fleet and mechanical plant maintenance
- Outsourcing of work when required
- Inspecting facilities and surroundings and arranging for defects/maintenance requirements
- Training of staff.
Please apply online at http://www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
Closing date: 2 July 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.