Website Western Cape Government
EXCITING OPPORTUNITIES FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
The Department of Health is guided by the
principles of Employment Equity. Candidates
with disabilities are encouraged to apply and
an indication in this regard will be appreciated.
Closing Date: 24 August 2018
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the aforementioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CVs will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as
unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are short-listed and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
WORCESTER REGIONAL HOSPITAL
STERILISATION OPERATOR PRODUCTION (2 POSTS)
REMUNERATION: R115 437 PER ANNUM
SERVICE BENEFITS: 13TH CHEQUE, EMPLOYER’S CONTRIBUTION TO THE PENSION FUND, HOUSING AND MEDICAL
Minimum educational qualification: General Education and Training Certificate (GETC)/Grade 9
Experience: Appropriate experience and appropriate knowledge of CSSD. Inherent requirements of the job:
Willingness to work shifts (day and night), as well as public holidays
• Willingness to work overtime when needed.
Competencies (knowledge/skills): Knowledge of the sterilisation process
• Good interpersonal and numerical skills
• Ability to work in a team environment and independently
• Ability to effectively clean and pack heavy equipment
• Good communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
Duties (key result areas/outputs): Deliver/collect soiled equipment to and from the theatres and various other
departments with a heavy duty trolley, as well as related duties in the operating theatres
• Decontaminate, pack, control and sterilise instruments, linen and supplies as well as assisting with stock taking
• Clean, control and test instrument washing machines, autoclaves and other equipment in the department
• Operate autoclaves and instrument washing machines and ETO (gas sterilisation) procedures
• Issue sterile stock according to departmental needs
• Order, monitor, control and maintain stock levels
• Fold and sterilisation of linen packs, as well as condemning of linen.
Note: Preference will be given to candidates that obtained certifi cates for Basic/Intermediate/Advance Course in
Decontamination and Sterilisation in CSSD. No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
Enquiries: Ms S Nieuwoudt, tel. 023 348 6455
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION FOR THE ATTENTION OF MS H SWART, TO THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER:
WORCESTER HOSPITAL, PRIVATE BAG X3058, WORCESTER 6850.
REMUNERATION: R96 549 PER ANNUM
SERVICE BENEFITS: 13TH CHEQUE, EMPLOYER’S CONTRIBUTION TO THE PENSION FUND, HOUSING AND
MEDICAL AID ALLOWANCE
Minimum requirement: Basic literacy and numeracy.
Experience: Appropriate experience in cleaning hospitals/health environment. Inherent requirements of the job: Ability to lift/move heavy objects and working at heights requiring the use of a stepladder
• Willingness to work shifts, public holidays, weekends, overtime and night duty
• Relief in other departments when necessary. Competencies (knowledge/skills): Communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape • Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Duties (key result areas/outputs): Perform routine, focussed and unplanned emergency cleaning tasks within a
healthcare environment of all areas in a hospital and a primary health care clinic
• Serve meals to patients and clean crockery and cutlery
• Stock control, control sheets and management of cleaning equipment.
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a competency test to establish suitability. No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
Enquiries: Ms C Bothma, tel. 023 551 1237
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION FOR THE ATTENTION OF MS S PIENAAR, TO THE DIRECTOR: EDEN
DISTRICT OFFICE, PRIVATE BAG X 6592, GEORGE 6530.