The Richmond Municipality hereby invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for the following positions.
STRATEGIC MANAGER: TECHNICAL SERVICES
4 YEARS FIXED TERM CONTRACT
Negotiable, attractive, competitive remuneration package for Category 1 Municipality as per Local Government Municipal System Act and Regulations: Appointment and conditions of employment of Senior Managers as well as 2018 Government Gazette Number 42023 on the upper limits of total remuneration packages payable to Municipal Managers and Managers accountable to Municipal Managers.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering/B.Tech or equivalent
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience at senior management level-preferably at Local Government Level
- Substantial Local Government or Public Service experience in Administration and Management coupled with Law competencies
- Professional Registration with relevant engineering professional bodies
- Computer literacy
- Valid unendorsed driver’s licence
- Sound knowledge of the Integrated Development Plan
- Project management and sound practical knowledge and experience in the Local government environment
- Preference will be given to applicants who have completed the executive leadership Municipal Development programme
- Certificate in Municipal Finance Management as per Regulation 493 dated 15 June 2007 or to be obtained within 18 months of employment.
Essential knowledge, skills and competencies required: The successful candidate must have:
- Knowledge of local government legislation and performance management
- Programme and Project management
- knowledge of Municipal grants and infrastructure development policies
- Sound knowledge of the Integrated Development Plan and familiar with human settlement (housing) Projects delivery processes
- Good analytical, planning, leadership, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Information management systems and reporting
- Advanced computer literacy
- A valid driver’s licence, minimum Code B.
- The successful applicant will be reporting directly to the Municipal Manager
- Provide strategic support to the Municipal Manager and Senior Management Team
- Overall management of the Technical Department
- Coordinate and oversee the planning and implementation of Infrastructure programmes
- Fleet management
- Appropriate implementation of council resolutions
- Promote customer satisfaction
- Develop, implement and manage strategic goals, policies, procedures and plans for the Department, under his/her control, aligned to the IDP of the Municipality through cooperation and innovative teamwork
- Technical liaison – assume responsibility for entire technical division liaison between Richmond Local Municipality, District Municipality, Provincial Government and other stakeholders.
Approval and review:
- Recommendations in the prioritization of projects subsequent to a technical evaluation
- Recommendations in the appointment of Service Providers.
NOTE: Qualification and SA citizenship checks will be conducted on all short-listed candidates. Security vetting will be done. Successful candidates will be subjected to additional checks including competency assessment. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The successful candidate will be required to sign an employment contract before commencement of duty, a performance agreement and disclosure of financial interest.
Written application must be submitted on the Prescribed Annexure C of Government Gazette No. 37245 dated 17 January 2014. The form needs to be filled in completely and signed on the last page (in the event that the application is not completed properly, the application will be disqualified). The form can also be obtained from the Richmond Municipality website or the Municipal Offices.
The following attachments are required:
- The Application form
- Detailed CV with three referees with current contact information
- Certified copies (dated within three months) of qualifications/ certificates, ID and driver’s licence
- Applicants are requested to furnish telephone number/s at which they may be contacted.
The application needs to be addressed to: The Deputy Mayor: Cllr. K.E Mkhize/Acting Municipal Manager Mr S.D. Mkhize for the attention of Strategic Manager: Corporate Services and be posted in the box provided reception area in, 57 Shepstone Street, Richmond 3780 or posted to: Private Bag X 1028, Richmond 3780.
Enquiries: Human Resources, on tel. 033 212 2155.
CLOSING DATE: 26 APRIL 2019 AT NO LATER THAN 16:00.
Important notice to applicants: No late applications will be considered. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered. Applications submitted on a Z83 form WILL NOT be considered. All interviews will be done in English.
Should there be no correspondence from the Municipality within sixteen weeks after the closing date, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Canvassing of Councillors and/or Officials will disqualify your application. The Municipality reserves the right not to fill this post.
DEPUTY MAYOR: CLLR. K.E MKHIZE
VAC. NO: 01/2018