City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITIES AND ASSET MANAGEMENT • FLEET MANAGEMENT
BASIC SALARY: R417 967 PER ANNUM • REF NO: EOA 08/21 • HILLSTAR
- Trade test qualification in relevant field (Diesel, Petrol or Plant)
- Code C driver’s licence
- Five (5) years’ experience in relevant trade as a Mechanic of which three (3) years at a supervisory level in a vehicle and or plant environment
- Computer literacy
- May be required to work on standby and outside normal working hours during emergencies / planned overtime
- Physically fit and able-bodied.
Key performance areas:
- Supervising day to day planned and unplanned maintenance activities of vehicles and plant machinery
- Monitoring, establishing resource requirements, planning and scheduling maintenance programs and evaluating outcomes
- Monitoring and attending to deviations in productivity and performance
- Undertaking inspection services pre-post repairs (quality control) of work undertaken by external vendors to ensure compliance to standards and specifications
- Coordinating and controlling the tasks of personnel and allocating and prioritising outcomes
- Supervising internal record-keeping ensuring details of activities are accurately recorded
- Coordinating the implementation of procedures and monitoring compliance with standards and specifications in terms of OHS and Facility Management.
CLOSING DATE: 9 April 2021
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants), unless otherwise stated.