Website Animal Feed Manufactures Association
AFMA is looking for an energetic, motivated and experienced individual to join their team
and to provide a high level of technical support to its members and industry partners. The
overall purpose of the role is to coordinate all technical projects of AFMA and to enhance
the agricultural influence of AFMA on a technical level.
Key performance areas:
• Coordinate all Technical Committee projects to achieve the desired output
• Administration of Technical Committee and DAFF liaison meetings (minutes, agendas, attendance, etc.)
• Interaction and liaison with industry expert groups and government officials on technical matters
• Maintain and manage monitoring systems on salmonella, mycotoxins and dioxins
• Collect, analyse, interpret and present relevant technical information and data
• Provide administrative support for AFMA events (symposia, workshops, student seminars, etc.).
Requirements & minimum qualifications:
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience and working knowledge of the animal feed industry
• Relevant degree in Animal Science (Nutrition) – a post-graduate degree is an added advantage
• Excellent organizational, administration and project management skills
• Very good communication skills in both English and Afrikaans
• Ability to motivate and interact with multi-disciplinary teams and expert groups
• Must be a team player, but also motivated and driven to be able to work independently
• Good technical writing skills in English and Afrikaans
• Above average proficiency in MS Office • Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines • Service
orientation and relationship building capabilities.
Interested and committed to be part of the AFMA team and want to help make a
Please send your resume and a motivational cover letter to Dr Johan Malan at
The position is full-time and a market related salary is offered. Only shortlisted candidates
will be contacted for interviews. Please also visit their website http://www.afma.co.za
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 19 OCTOBER 2018.
Search and Senior
The Animal Feed Manufacturers Association (www.afma.co.za) is the official industry
representative body of the South African feed industry and operates within the livestock
production and health sectors and larger agricultural environment. AFMA positions
and aligns itself by identifying the business environment that will benefit its members.
This is achieved through its liaison and cooperation with various directly affected groups
including: government departments; regulatory decision-makers; parastatals; forums;
academia; related associations, and value chain partners both locally and internationally.