City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WATER AND WASTE ● WATER AND SANITATION ● WATER DEMAND MANAGEMENT AND STRATEGY ● PSR AND WATER POLLUTION DISTRICT 3
TECHNICAL ASSISTANT: WATER DEMAND MANAGEMENT & STRATEGY
BASIC SALARY: R192 649 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: WS 82/21 ● ATHLONE
- Grade 12
- One (1) to two (2) years’ relevant experience
- Computer literacy in the MS Office Suite, SAP
- Incumbent should be physically fit and able-bodied
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Valid Code B driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Providing support to project managers and teams by coordinating and controlling the use and management of tools and equipment (auto-samplers, smoke-detectors, CCTV cameras, etc)
- Planning and scheduling maintenance programmes and evaluating outcomes, data collection, analysis and reporting, monitoring equipment productivity and efficiency
- Attending to specific administrative and information reporting requirements and processes
- Performing ad hoc duties as may be required
- Operating and managing the use of equipment
- Data gathering, analysis and interpretation
- Conducting research and draft reports
- Performing ad hoc duties and assisting in the production.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
Closing date: 25 June 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.