Western Cape Government
TRANSPORT AND PUBLIC WORKS
GROUNDSMAN (3 POSTS)
TECHNICAL SUPPORT SERVICES (LEEUWENHOF)
Salary: R96 549 per annum (Salary level 2)
Enquiries person: Ms Y Sihawula at tel. 021 422 1677
Reference number: TPW 2018-185
Job Purpose: The Department of Transport and Public Works, Western Cape Government
seeks to employ three individuals to provide the physical execution of various routine
functions necessary to maintain a high level of neatness within gardens and grounds at
Leeuwenhof Estate, the official residence of the Western Cape Premier and other provincial
buildings. These positions are stationed in Cape Town.
Requirements: Basic literacy and numeracy (ABET Level 2 – Grade 5).
Recommendations: Above average gardening experience
• Machinery operator experience.
Key performance areas: Irrigation maintenance and repairs
• Mowing of lawns
• Trimming/pruning of different kinds of plants with light machines and hand tools
• Machinery operator (brush cutter, chainsaw, hedge trimmer, pole pruner, ride-on mower, etc.)
• Spraying of chemicals on flower beds and on hard surfaces for weeds, harmful pests
• Manual weeding, fertilising and planting
• General cleaning of the entire estate and the surrounding perimeters
• Grounds maintenance (sweeping, scrubbing, general paving, well executed pathways).
Competencies: A good understanding and application of the following: Occupational
Health and Safety Act and relevant regulations
• Gardens and grounds maintenance
• Communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape
• Ability to work under pressure, independently as well as in a team and perform routine
To apply, you must submit a manual application.
Please complete an application form (Z 83) and current CV (5 pages maximum). The
position being applied for and the reference number must be clearly indicated on the Z83
If you want to hand deliver the application, please use the following address: Attention:
Cecil Van Reenen, Water Solutions (Pty) Ltd, FPG House, 1st Floor, No.1 Fairway Close,
Parow or you may post it to the following postal address: For attention: Cecil Van Reenen,
Maverick Trading, PO Box 31120, Grassy Park, 7941. Applications not submitted on or
before the closing date as well as faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
EXCITING OPPORTUNITIES FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
The WCG is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Disabled candidates
are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard would be appreciated.
Closing date: 20 August 2018