City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CORPORATE SERVICES • INFORMATION SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY
BASIC SALARY: R369 348 PER ANNUM • REF NO: CS 41/21 • TMC BUILDING GOODWOOD
- National Diploma or equivalent technical certification
- A minimum of A+, N+ and MCP Certificate or higher Certification in ITIL Foundation (advantageous)
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a distributed computing environment
- SAP CRM support exposure
- Exposure to Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager
- Microsoft Active Directory exposure
- Valid driver’s licence
- Own vehicle will be advantageous.
Key performance areas:
- Asset management with focus on condemnations and writing off computer related assets
- Undertaking site administration tasks, including reporting, issue resolution, data and information quality checking
- Identifying and troubleshooting faulty desktops\laptops\mobile devices and providing technical support to City of Cape Town staff members and emergency support staff
- SAP GUI support
- Technical support for Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 operating systems as well as MS Office suite
- SAP procurement tasks
- Liaising with third party vendors to assist with hardware repairs
- Configuring and testing Android mobile devices
- Providing technical support on mobile devices i.e. Android smartphones and tablets
- Resolution of calls received through IT service desk within a defined SLA
- Knowledge and skills transfer
- Configuring and supporting of 3G and wireless networks
- Must be contactable on private cellular device during office hours
- Applying ITIL methodology.
Please apply online at http://www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
Closing date: 2 July 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.