City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WATER AND WASTE ● WATER AND SANITATION ● ENGINEERING ASSET AND MANAGEMENT
TECHNICIAN: ENGINEERING ASSET AND MANAGEMENT
(APPLICANTS WHO APPLIED UNDER WS 22/20 AND WS 12/21 MUST NOT RE-APPLY)
BASIC SALARY: R369 348 PER ANNUM ●REF NO: WS 81/21 ● BELLVILLE
- A National Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Up to two (2) years’ relevant experience
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- Must be able to work outside normal working hours, in all weather conditions
- Physically fit and able-bodied
- A valid Code B driver’s licence
- Computer literacy in the MS Office Suite, SAP.
Key performance areas:
- Maintaining supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) system, programmable logic controller (PLC) systems throughout the water service department
- Ensuring timeous and cost-effective maintenance, planning expansion and implementing upgrades of automation systems
- Providing reports to ensure continuous supply of portable and treated wastewater that meets legal standard
- Ensuring systems maintenance by carrying out the planned maintenance schedules through regular verification of instruments
- Implementing upgrades by follow-up on projects plans and encompassing all the required resources developed on MS projects
- Ensuring planning of system upgrades by investigating available technology and best practices in the industry via Internet searches, seminars, workshops and liaison with experts within the relevant fields.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
Closing date: 25 June 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.