City of Cape Town
CITY OF CAPE TOWN JOB OPPORTUNITIES
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. In line with the City’s corporate employment equity and diversity strategy, equity policy, plan and targets, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups.
CORPORATE SERVICES • WATER AND SANITATION • INFORMATION SERVICES AND TECHNOLOGY
TECHNICIAN (FRONT END SERVICES)
BASIC SALARY: R369 348 PER ANNUM • REF NO: CS 89/21
- Relevant National Diploma or equivalent technical certification
- Certification in ITIL Foundation (advantageous)
- At least three (3) years’ relevant experience
- Exposure to Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager
- Microsoft Active Directory exposure
- Valid driver’s licence
- Own vehicle (advantageous)
- Android mobile device support exposure.
Key performance areas:
- Inspection, servicing and repairing IS&T operational services and equipment support and maintaining corporate stakeholders in the ICT infrastructure area
- Delivering a support, development and maintenance service to ensure that users and business requests are delivered, and the infrastructure systems meet business requirements
- Contributing to ICT infrastructure management to ensure that ICT infrastructure functions at acceptable levels
- Implementing solutions to continuously seek ways to maximise the city’s investment in its ICT infrastructure
- Performing administrative tasks to ensure that records are maintained and request / instructions adhered to
- Making use of available council, or own transport to reach and service remote sites
- Configuring and supporting of 3G and wireless networks
- Advising users of hardware purchases that is compatible with City standards
- Knowledge and skills transfer
- Appling ITIL methodology
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 12 November 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at www.capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.