Western Cape Government
TRADE WORKER: ELECTRICAL MECHANICAL AND
Reference number: TPW 2018-244
Salary: R96 549 per annum (Salary level 2)
Enquiries: Mr A Manuel at 044 805 8900
Job purpose: The Department of Transport and Public Works, Western Cape
Government seeks to employ an individual to execute day to day maintenance of
owned and leased buildings in accordance with lease agreements occupied by
provincial departments. This post is stationed in George.
Basic literacy and numeracy (ABET Level 2).
Appropriate experience and knowledge of building maintenance, carpentry, electrical and plumbing work
• A valid Code B/EB driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
Assist with preparation of tools for execution of duties
• Assist with replacing external and internal lights and bulbs
• Assist with repair power plugs
Reset circuit breaker/earth leakage (short circuits)
• Assist with Repairing/replacing door locks, window panes, carpets and repair roof leaks as well as painting of walls,
floors and roofs
• Assist with investigation and replacing/repair/unblock sewers and drains
• Assist with plumbing work: Repair/replace taps, flush valves, washers, PVC and copper pipes and sealing of gutters etc.
• Asist with repairing/replacing toilet pans, traps and pan connectors, valves and washers
• Assist in ensuring workshop, equipment and tools are kept in good order.
Willingness to travel regularly
• Communication (written and verbal) skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
To apply, you must submit a manual application.
Please complete an application for (Z83) and current CV (5 pages maximum) together with certified copies of ID, Academic qualifications and proof of other requirements as indicated in the advertisement.
The position being applied for and the reference number must be clearly indicated on the
Z83 application form. Applicants from local communities will receive preference.
If you want to hand deliver the application, please use the following address:
Affirmative Portfolios, Unit 14, 1st Floor, 3 Canal Edge, Tyger Waterfront, Carl Cronje
Drive, Bellville 7530 or you may post it to the following postal address: PO 5496,
Tyger Valley Centre Parking Area, Bellville 7536. Applications not submitted on or
before the closing date as well as faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
The WCG is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Disabled candidates
are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard would be appreciated.
Closing date: 12 November 2018