Website Western Cape Government
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment
Equity. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an
indication in this regard will be appreciated.
14 December 2018
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the
name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees
and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post.
Applications without the aforementioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CVs
will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered.
Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service and Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and
REMUNERATION: R96 549 PER ANNUM
SERVICE BENEFITS: 13TH CHEQUE, EMPLOYER’S CONTRIBUTION TO THE PENSION FUND, HOUSING AND MEDICAL AID ALLOWANCE
Minimum requirement: Basic literacy and numerical skills. Experience: Appropriate tradesman experience.
Inherent requirements of the job:
Willingness to do standby duties
• Ability to do hard physical work
• Willingness to travel and work overtime.
Good interpersonal skills
• Knowledge and the application of the requirements of the Machinery and Occupational Health and Safety Act
• Ability to read, speak and write in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape
• Ability to use a variety of equipment, tools and machinery.
Duties (key results areas/output):
Assist artisans and handyman in the execution of their respective duties
• Perform various basic maintenance duties in the workshop and the
• Undertake a variety of the other general duties such as the physical movement of goods and equipment
• Clean workshop and assist with repairs and maintenance function’s effectively
• Assist with the checking of maintenance and repairs of all equipment and furniture
• Assist with sewer and electrical maintenance.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
Enquiries: Ms SC James, tel. 023 416 1600
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION FOR THE ATTENTION OF MS S PIENAAR, THE MANAGER: EDEN DISTRICT OFFICE, PRIVATE BAG X6592, GEORGE 6530.