The City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WATER AND WASTE ● COMMERCIAL SERVICES: BULK SERVICES ● WASTEWATER TREATMENT
WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT MANAGER
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R912 469 TO R1 269 916 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: WS 112/21
- A Bachelor of Technology in Watercare/Chemical Engineering OR classification as a Class V Operator in terms of Regulation R.2834 of December 1885 issued in terms of the Water Act, 1956 (Act 54 of 1956)
- A minimum of six (6) years’ operating experience at a Wastewater Treatment Plant, of which four (4) years must have been at plant management level either as Senior Superintendent or Plant Manager
- Physically fit and able-bodied
- Willingness to work in all weather conditions and at any time of the day or night, including weekends and public holidays
- Computer literacy
- A valid driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Managing the process control units of one or more large class “A” wastewater treatment plants to ensure treated effluent and sludge complies with the required legislated and associated standards
- Managing staff performance and productivity as well as discipline and skills development
- Performing in the role of Cost Centre Manager and controlling the usage of the operating budget, including certifying of tax invoices in respect of operation contract payments
- Performing operational functions such as assessing the performance of wastewater treatment plants, analysing the operations of the unit’s processes and ensuring that critical processes such as sludge wasting, and removal continues unabated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 23 July 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.