Ndwedwe Local Municipality
NDWEDWE LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
NDWEDWE UMKHANDLU KAMASIPALA
The Ndwedwe Local Municipality, with its seat in Ndwedwe Village ± 50km North West of Durban, hereby invites suitably qualified and experienced individuals to apply for the permanent position of:
YOUTH OUTREACH OFFICER
Salary: R294 572.43 p.a. (Task Grade 12)
- Must have Matric Certificate and a three (3) year National Diploma/Degree in Public Management/Administration/Social Science/Community Development, plus a minimum of two (2) years’ working experience within Local or Public sector
- Valid driver’s licence minimum Code B.
Knowledge, skill and competencies:
- Excellent communication, presentation and financial management skills
- Deadline driven and able to deliver high quality work under pressure
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Computer skills and project management skills.
- Develop, manage and implement youth and gender mainstreaming projects
- Develop and implement capacity building programmes for youth, women and people with disabilities in accordance with the budget
- Ensure compliance with relevant statutory requirements
- Implement an effective monitoring and evaluation system/process for projects
- Collaborate with external Departments to obtain synergy between planned external and internal initiatives pertaining to Social empowerment and youth development
- Promote participation and awareness with the local area on youth development and social upliftment initiatives and programmes
- Facilitate the establishment and organizing forums and committees to promote engagement and discussion on social development priorities and concerns relating to the lack of empowerment and discrimination based on gender
- Facilitate the establishment and functioning of the youth desk within the Municipality
- Participate in interventions of the Provincial and National Departments in respect of social support, relief and empowerment programmes, interacting with the public and dissemination procedural information.
Benefits: 13th cheque, leave, 100% retirement annuity fund contribution by employer, pension, medical aid, housing subsidy.
CLOSING DATE: 11 APRIL 2019.
Written application letter together with comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV), certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and all qualifications must be forwarded to: The Acting Municipal Manager, Ndwedwe Local Municipality, P/Bag X 503, Ndwedwe, 4342.
Faxed, e-mailed, Z83 forms and late applications will not be considered.
Enquiries can be directed to: Human Resources Office, on tel. 032 532 5000.
Should you not be contacted within the period of 30 days after the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.
The Municipality subscribes and promotes the principles of employment equity and affirmative action. Women are encouraged to apply.
MR M.F. HADEBE: ACTING MUNICIPAL MANAGER